Friday, February 28, 2014

a true friend.

I am jumping up and down that this week is almost over! I'm feeling better, our new dishwasher is coming in tomorrow (hand-washing dishes all week for a family of five is the pits), we're starting spring break after today, and the card I just made is perfect for the new CAS-ual Fridays challenge.

you can count on me.

I'm loving the new origami stamp set by Mama Elephant. It crept up on me. I didn't know how much I would love it at first glance, but there is so much you can do with it!  Did you happen to catch Emily's origami Yoda? so clever.  I water-colored my pooch in shades of grey for a softer look.

you can count on me.

I heat-embossed the dog image and let the paint bleed around quite a bit before cutting it out. The background panel was also watercolored. Swipes of blue and green were painted very quickly, and then speckled with more grey paint.

I layered the hearts from the confetti dies and stuck them onto a clothespin.  I love the look of it.

I hope you like it!


♥.

18 comments:

  1. handwashing dishes?! I'm THRILLED that your new dishwasher is arriving! I can't imagine life without that appliance!

    i.love.your.card. The watercoloring is FABulous!

    Happy Friday and thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. The pooch is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness!!! this is soft and pretty and stunning! wow!! your watercoloring is beautiful!!! i could look at it all day!! i can't wait to get my origami set in the mail!!! it's so awesome!! and i just love the little bits of thread, heart on the paper clip and grey flecks!! you think of every detail!! <3

    ps - happy dance for yoru new dishwasher!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena I am so sorry for your hands, they should NOT be washing dishes! LOL Glad the new dishwasher is coming.

    LOVE the origami dog and your watercoloring is fantastic. Thank so you much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card, Elena! Your watercoloring is simply amazing. And it still amazes me even more that you actually wanted to play with water at all after all that hand-washing ;)
    Happy weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got the softness, but you also got the depth ... really wonderful design, Elena!! Lots of shades of gray there! Your white text on kraft in the background is just perfect. So glad you joined the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, ya, I'd say washing that many dishes is painful! Glad your new one is coming!! What a sweet, watercoloured pooch. I'm also loving the white ink on kraft and the little clip with thread! Thanks for the shoutout. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the watercoloring and also the stamped sentiments strips, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate your talent... but most of all, you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this set on my wish list! It it totally adorable. Love how you used it here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful watercoloring, and the whole composition is fabulous. I love this stamp set, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, this is amazing! That dog is so clever, and the watercoloring and little stacked hearts are just beautiful. So glad you played along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    I'm glad to hear your dishwasher is coming. I would have gone with takeout and paper plates all week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. VERY CUTE!!! Gorgeous watercoloring Elena! Love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much detail and still clean-feeling! Love the partial stamping on the background and the soft, pretty colour palette! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elena, you are amazing!
    This card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a FUN card!! I LOVE the whole design of this!! Such a FUN take on the Grey CAS Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Elena, this is so fantastic! I just love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete