Sunday, September 21, 2014

stay cozy.

It's getting colder here. Sweater weather, air-conditioning turned off, near freezing temperatures in the morning. Tall boots, too.

I even had a salted mocha latte at starbucks the other day.

Just keep all of that in as we continue to show wintery/christmasy things to promote lawn fawn's latest release. (a friend sent me an annoyed email telling me to knock it off since it was still officially summer... ha)

Today, I'm showing off stitched snowflakes.

stay cozy


I used Finley's abcs and the Snow Day heart layered over a stitched snowflake.

stay cozy

I gave the snowflake some chunkiness by layering 4 of them together. No need for foam tape now!

stay cozy

The wavy middle panel was created by die-cutting the same rectangle shape as my base layer, and then using the stitched hillside borders on either side. I love the finished look I got by keeping a stitched border all around.

I hope you like it! There's more to see on the lawn fawn blog today - click!

♥.

6 comments:

  1. Love everything about this cozy design

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love those new alpha dies and love the little scarf around the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card! I love anything on Kraft cardstock and I the colors you chose for your focal image work perfectly with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not quite ready for tall boots..... thankfully, we're having a warm spell this week, with highs in the twenties and sunshine forecasted for the whole week. :)
    I do love your card, though..... and am really itching to make some winter cards. Now that Sage's birthday is done, I think I can maybe start....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You card is so cute! I love the big snowflake! I am thankful we aren't quite to the cool weather you are yet. If we were, I would get Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks the next chance I had!

    ReplyDelete