Thursday, April 30, 2015

spring flowers

I'm running a day late with this one. Lawn Fawn featured my spring flowers on their blog yesterday, but I wanted to share it here as well.

If you've been here for awhile,  you know that this is party season over at Casa Muni.

My 3 kids have birthdays within 11 days of each other, and I love to craft and bake to make it special for them.  (if you'd like to check out last year's parties, click here, here, and here.)

This year is a first for us. We are sweating our way through renovations on our new home, so we decided to postpone the parties and have a bigger, blowout party for all 3 in the summer. The kids are taking it like champs.

I still wanted to create something to make each of them feel celebrated on their special days. Here is a taste of what I made for Sofia, although the timing makes it perfect to consider for Mother's Day too:

spring flowers

My biggest girl loves flowers, so I masked my little heart out to create something that she'd love.

And then while I was colored flowers, I colored a few more:

spring flowers


I used the Lawn Fawn cupcake wrapper, but added another strip of brown cardstock to the top so that it looked more like a flower pot. The chocolate cupcake was covered in oreo crumbs to make it look like potting dirt.  A green straw doubled as a stem for the flower.

spring flowers


I filled the cup with chocolate milk and added another flower to the drinking straw.

spring flowers


Am I the worst mom in the world to be throwing a gift card at my kid? gah. I dressed it up, though, and added another flower to the front.  I cut slits into the sides of the straw, and slipped the leaves in there (I did the same with the cupcake topper.)

I hope you like it!

I'll be back tomorrow with a renovation update, and a round-up of the new lighting I've purchased for the new house!

♥.

7 comments:

  1. Loving those flowers and the dirt! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute party decor! And no, you're not the worse mom ever lol! Who wouldn't love to receive a gift card in such a cute package? I can't wait to see what you'll do for their big summer bash, so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Elena!! I love this card. Its so pretty!! I have to have that set!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena, I think these are gorgeous. I love the colours. You would have been busy masking that card but it was so worth it. I HAD to in it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my goodness, this is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that card is STUNNING!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete