Tuesday, August 4, 2015

happy birthday, from all of us! {mama elephant}

Hi there! I have a fun birthday card for you today, using the new sentiment set from Mama Elephant, Blessed.

I couldn't help but combine it with the cutie images from Tandem Ride:

crittery birthday blessings


It's no secret that I love the full-sized-card-front die from the Sew Fancy set. I use it on almost every card. But I love the nesting circles included in the same die set too, and used one of them to cut out 4 circles for the critters to peek out from.

crittery birthday blessings

Behind the animals, I cut grass and made it all pop by backing them with a mint cardstock.

I stamped "from all of us" onto a wavy banner (and ps, the wavy banner hides where the circles meet, in case they aren't perfectly lined up. ahem.)

I then stamped the bigger, scripty "blessings" down below. I used my finger to smudge the ink a little around the sentiment. I love using Mama Elephant inks for this! They take longer to dry, so there was plenty of time to blend the ink around. I find it looks softer, and less stark this way, and also lends the sentiment more presence, to balance out all of the images above. I also splattered some minty ink around the entire front, for added interest.

I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

♥.

7 comments:

  1. This is sooo super cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! I LOVE how you have the little critters peeking out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is simply adorable and the sentiment is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is darling!! I love all of those adorable little ME animals and they are so cute in the little cut out windows!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This is cuter than CUTE! LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete